ICMS 2018 - Call for Session Proposals
The 6th International Congress on Mathematical Software will consist of several topical sessions. Each session will provide an overview of the challenges, achievements and progress in a subfield of mathematical software research, development and use. The program committee will consist of the session organizers. We solicit session proposals.
For inspiration, have a look at the sessions of past ICMS:
and ICMS 2010
You are invited to propose a session if you
- are active in mathematical software research, development and use,
- want to serve the research community by nurturing and facilitating mathematical software work in your area, and
- would like to focus only on the scientific matters in the organization (not on other matters such as administrative, logistic, etc).
How to propose a session
Prepare a session proposal with the following contents.
- title of the session
- name(s) of the organizer(s), with contact addresses and emails
- aim and scope of the session (at most 150 words)
The decision on the proposal will be made
- by the program chair, the general chair and the advisory committee
- within mid-February 2018
How to organize a session
- Maintain a session web page (see template in html-format or markdown-format).
- Send a call for abstracts to the potential speakers in the topic area of the session (see template in tex-format or in pdf-format).
- Review the submitted abstracts and make decision on their acceptance, as soon as each one arrives.
- Complete the process by Apr 15, 2018.
- During the meeting, chair the session.
Format of a session
- A session will consist of one or more time slots.
- A time slot will consist of about 3 - 4 talks.
- We encourage that each session begins with one general overview talk (may be given by a session organizer).
This format is meant only as a rough frame; the organization of a session can be done in a quite free fashion (e.g., concerning the duration of the individual contributions). “Talks” may also include software presentations and demos.
Possible topics for sessions
© 2018. All rights reserved.