ICMS 2018 Call for Session Proposals
The 6th International Congress on Mathematical Software will consist of several topical sessions. Each session will provide an overview of the challenges, achievements and progress in a subfield of mathematical software research, development and use. The program committee will consist of the session organizers. We solicit session proposals.
For inspiration, have a look at the sessions of past ICMS:
and ICMS 2010
You are invited to propose a session if you
- are active in mathematical software research, development and use,
- want to serve the research community by nurturing and facilitating mathematical software work in your area, and
- would like to focus only on the scientific matters in the organization (not on other matters such as administrative, logistic, etc).
How to propose a session
Prepare a session proposal with the following contents.
- title of the session
- name(s) of the organizer(s), with contact addresses and emails
- aim and scope of the session (at most 150 words)
The decision on the proposal will be made
- by the program chair, the general chair and the advisory committee
- within mid-February 2018
How to organize a session
- Maintain a session web page (see template in html-format or markdown-format).
- Send a call for abstracts to the potential speakers in the topic area of the session (see template in tex-format or in pdf-format).
- Review the submitted abstracts and make decision on their acceptance, as soon as each one arrives.
- Complete the process by Apr 15, 2018.
- During the meeting, chair the session.
Format of a session
- A session will consist of one or more time slots.
- A time slot will consist of about 3 - 4 talks.
- We encourage that each session begins with one general overview talk (may be given by a session organizer).
This format is meant only as a rough frame; the organization of a session can be done in a quite free fashion (e.g., concerning the duration of the individual contributions). “Talks” may also include software presentations and demos.
Possible topics for sessions
© 2018. All rights reserved.